- 26 full summers at camps around the world
From California to Maine, United States to New Zealand
- Camp characteristics included: both centralized and decentralized camps; from 1 – 8 weeks; camp sizes from 60 children to over 400; single gender and coed camps; affiliations – agency, religiously affiliated, independent for profit, and independent not for profit; and from free to $2000 per week.
- Has been a director of a camp with 400 children and 115 staff, and a camp with 90 children and 60 staff.
- Directed three different summer camps, currently at www.campaugusta.org
- Camp is sold out every year with only $120 spent on marketing annually (web server)
- Camper and staff return rates in the 80-90% range (depending on year)
- Doctorate in psychology with concentrations in developmental, social, and organizational psychology
- Conducted several original camp outcome, research evaluations
- Taught at 3 universities, including child development at Westmont